Set up of a developer environment takes time plus then you have to configure servers each step of the way for the life cycle management of the code. With DevOps Services the tools you need to code are in the cloud. Plus there are tools to plan your app and collaborate with others. In addition Bluemix provides the infrastructure and services in the cloud so you don’t have to worry about managing servers. You can spin up and shut down the infrastructure, runtimes and associated services you need as you develop.
Many developers are already using IBM Bluemix and DevOps services together in an integrated and interative way speeding up development, failing fast to get to market fast with the desired solution.
Combining DevOps and Bluemix means working with a system that significantly reduces the time needed to create and provision applications, allowing for flexible capacity in terms of storage, as well as bandwidth and processing. Bluemix handles the back-end infrastructure so that you can focus on the fun stuff: building great apps!
Why combine Bluemix and DevOps?
- Automatically build and deploy your application to IBM’s cloud platform, Bluemix.
- Get up and running in seconds. With integrated deployment to the IBM Bluemix cloud platform, you can go from source code to a running application with the click of a button.
- Easily and securely integrate with back-end systems.
- Easily runs your apps in any language, runtime of choice, enterprise application, open source technologies or favorite services.
- Build applications in an environment that enables massive and open ecosystem.
Want to know more?
- Check out this video to see how you can create and deploy an app in 90 seconds using DevOps and Bluemix.
- Check out the developerWorks Bluemix Page for additional tutorials, videos, sample applications, and more.
- Connect with your peers in the Bluemix developers community.